UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission Application Form 2017/2018 Session is Out.
UniUyo masters degree form and postgraduate school fees announced. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Postgraduate Programmes of the University of Uyo (UNIUYO), for the 2017/2018 academic session as follows:
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Department of Agricultural Economics & Extension:
M.Sc. in Agricultural Economics with Specialization in: Production Economics and Farm Management, Agribusiness Management, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperatives, Agricultural Policy and Development, Agricultural Finance, Natural resources and Environmental Economics, Econometrics/ Quantitative Research Methods.
Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics with Specialization in: Production Economics and Farm Management, Resources and Environmental Economics, Agribusiness and Financial Management, Agricultural Trade and Marketing, Agricultural Policy, Planning and Development, Agricultural Enterprise Development and Project Management, Quantitative Research Methods/ Econometrics.
M.Sc. in Agricultural Extension with specialization in: Agricultural Extension Education, Agricultural Administration, Agricultural Communication, Gender Issues in Agricultural Extension/Rural Development.
Ph.D. in Agricultural Extension with specialization in: Agricultural Extension /Rural Development, Agricultural Administration, Agricultural Communication.
- Department of Animal Science: M.Sc. & Ph. D in Animal Science with specialization in: Animal Nutrition and Biochemistry, Animal Breeding and Genetics, Animal Production Management, Animal Physiology & Reproduction, Animal Products Technology.
- Department of Crop Science: M.Sc. in Crop Science with specialization in: Crop Production and Physiology, Genetics Crop Breeding and Biotechnology, Crop Protection, Weed Science and Pasture Agronomy, Farming Systems and Horticulture.
Ph.D in Crop Science with specialization in: Crop Production, Crop Physiology, Farming System, Horticulture, Weed Science, Pasture Agronomy, Entomology, Crop Breeding, Genetics & Biotechnology, Pathology, Nematology.
- Department of Soil Science: M.Sc. & Ph. D. in Soil Science with specialization in: Soil Microbiology & Biochemistry, Soil Survey & Land Use Planning, Soil Physics & Conservation, Soil Chemistry & Minerology, Soil Fertility/ Fertilizer Technology, Pedology, Environmental Soil Science.
- Department of Food Science & Technology: M.Sc. & Ph.D in Food Science & Technology with specialization in: Food Microbiology & Biotechnology, Food Chemistry, Biochemistry & Biotechnology, Food Quality Control & Assurance, Food Processing & Storage and Ph. D. in Brewing Science & Technology.
- Department of Forestry & Natural Resources Management: M.Sc. Forestry & Wildlife with specialization in: Forest Resources Management and Economics, Environmental Forestry, Wood Science, Agroforestry, Wildlife Management.
Ph.D. in Forestry & Wildlife with specialization in: Forest Resources, Environmental Forestry, Wood Science, Agroforestry, Wildlife Management.
- Department of Fisheries & Aquaculture: M.Sc. & Ph.D. in: Fisheries & Aquaculture, Aquatic Environmental Management.
- Department of Home Economics, Nutrition & Dietetics: M.Sc. & Ph.D in Home Economics with specialization in: Textiles, Clothing & Fashion Design, Family Resource Management (Home Management), Human & Family Development, Foods & Nutrition. Centre for Wetlands and Waste Management Studies: M.Sc. in Environmental Health Management (EHM).
FACULTY OF ARTS
- Department of Communication Arts: M.A & Ph.D in Mass Communication with specialization in: Business and Organizational Communication, Radio/TV Broadcasting, Print Journalism, Public Relations and Advertising, Development Communication and Political Communication
- Department of English: M.A and Ph.D English with specialization in: Language, Literature.
- Department of Foreign Languages: M.A. in French. Ph.D in French Language, Literature in French and Translation Studies.
- Department of History & International Studies: M.A in History & International Studies with specialization in: Archeology of Nigeria, African History, Social & Political History, Economic History, Urban History, International History and Diplomacy, Peace and Conflict Studies, Military and Strategic Studies, Gender Studies.
Ph. D in History and International Studies with specialization in: International History and Diplomacy, African Diaspora Studies, Peace and Conflict Studies, Gender Studies, Military and Strategic Studies, Archeology and Cultural Heritage Management.
- Department of Linguistics and Nigerian Languages: M.A & Ph.D in Linguistics, M.A. in Computational Language Documentation, Ph. D in Computational Language Technology.
- Department of Religious and Cultural Studies: M.A. & Ph.D in Religious Studies with specialization in: Sociology of Religion, Biblical Studies: (1) Old Testament, (2) New Testament, African Traditional Religion, Church History, Philosophy of Religion .
- Department of Philosophy: M.A & Ph.D in Philosophy with specialization in: Epistemology, Metaphysics, Value Theories, Socio-Political Philosophy, African Philosophy, Philosophy of Religion, Philosophy of Science, Philosophy of Education, Philosophy of Law, History of Philosophy, Philosophy & Gender Studies, Logic, Philosophy of Language, Philosophy of Social Science, Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy & Public Affairs, Philosophy of Medicine, Philosophy of Environment.
- Department of Music: M.A. in Music.
- Department of Theatre Arts: M.A. in Theatre Arts.
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Department of Biochemistry: M.Sc. & Ph.D in Biochemistry
- Department of Anatomy: M.Sc. in Anatomy with specialization in: Histology and Histochemistry, Embryology and Teratology, Physical Anthropology and Comparative Anatomy, Neurobiology
Ph.D in Anatomy with specialization in: Neurobiology, Clinical and Radiological Anatomy, Physical Anthropology, Histochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Developmental Biology and Teratology
- Department of Physiology: M.Sc. & Ph.D in Human Physiology with specialization in: Endocrinology, Reproductive Physiology, Neurophysiology, Metabolism, Renal Physiology, Environmental insults on Physiological variable, Gastrointestinal Physiology, Cardiovascular Physiology.
FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in: Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Management, Marketing, Insurance and Risk Management.
Collaborative Ph.D in: Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Management, Marketing
FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCES
- Department of Medical Microbiology & Parasitology: Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Medical Microbiology with specialization in: Medical Microbiology (Medical Bacteriology/ Clinical Immunology/Public Health Microbiology), Medical Parasitology.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Institute of Education: Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- Department of Curriculum Studies, Educational Management & Planning: M.Ed. & Ph.D in: Curriculum Studies, Educational Management & Planning
- Department of Educational Foundations, Guidance and Counselling: M.Ed. & Ph.D in: Guidance & Counseling, Educational Psychology , Sociology of Education, Educational Evaluation, Social Studies in Education and Philosophy of Education.
- Department of Physical & Health Education: Physical Education: M.Sc(Ed.) in: Adapted Physical Education, Exercise Physiology, Organization & Administration of Physical Education & Sports, Sociology & Psychology of Sports
Ph.D in: Organization & Administration of Physical Education and Sports, Exercise Physiology, Adapted Physical Education, Sports Psychology, Sociology of Sports Health Education: M.Sc(Ed.) in: Community Health, School Health, Environmental and Occupational Health. Ph. D in Public Health Education
- Department of Educational Technology & Library Science: Master in Library and Information Science (MLIS), M.Sc (Ed) in Educational Technology
Ph.D in Library and Information Science with specialization in: Library Science, Information Science, Archives and Records Management, Publishing and Book Trade
Ph.D in: Educational Technology
- Department of Early Childhood & Special Education: M.Ed & Ph.D. in: Early Childhood Education
- Department of Vocational Education: M.Ed. in: Textile Technology Education, M.Sc(Ed.) & Ph.D in: Agricultural Education, Business Education, Technical Education, Computer Education & Home Economics Education.
- Department of Science Education: Master of Science Education M.Sc.(Ed.) & Ph.D in: Biology Education, Chemistry Education, Integrated Science Education, Mathematics Education, Physics Education.
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering: Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Petroleum Engineering, Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Chemical Engineering
Master & Ph.D in Chemical Engineering with specialization in: Advanced Chemical Engineering, Environmental Process Engineering, Chemical Process Design, Petroleum Processing Engineering, Biochemical Engineering.
M.Eng. & Ph.D in Petroleum Engineering with specialization in: Production Engineering, Drilling Engineering, Reservoir Engineering, Gas Engineering, Georesources Engineering, Geoenvironmental Engineering.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering: Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Mechanical Engineering, M.Eng. & Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in: Production Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Materials Engineering.
- Department of Computer /Electrical & Electronics Engineering: Postgraduate Diploma
(PGD) in Computer Engineering, Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering. M.Eng. in Computer Engineering with specialization in: Computer (Hardware) Engineering, Software & Systems Engineering. M.Eng. in Electrical/Electronics Engineering with specialization in: Electric Power Devices (Machines), Electrical Power Engineering. Control Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering,
- Department of Food and Agricultural Engineering: Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Food and Agricultural Engineering. M.Eng. & Ph.D in Food Engineering with specialization in: Food Process Engineering, Food Machinery and Equipment Engineering, Food Storage, Distribution and Environmental Engineering.
M.Eng. & Ph.D in Agricultural Engineering with specialization in: Farm Power and Machinery (FPM), Agricultural Products Processing and Storage, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering (SWE), Farm Structures and Environment
- Department of Civil Engineering: Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Civil Engineering Master of Civil Engineering degree (M.Engr.) in the following areas of specialization: Structural Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Health Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering.
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- Department of Architecture: M.Sc. in Architecture
- Department of Building: M. Sc & Ph.D in Construction Management
- Department of Estate Management: M.Sc. & Ph.D in Estate Management
- Department of Fine & Industrial Arts: Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in: Ceramics, Painting, Sculpture, Textiles, Graphics. Master of Arts in Art Education (M.A. Art Education). Ph.D in Fine & Industrial Arts with specialization in: Ceramics Design and Technology, Graphics Design and Technology, Painting and Painting Technology, Textiles Design and Technology, Sculpture.
- Department of Urban & Regional Planning: Master of Urban & Regional Planning (MURP), M.Sc. in Environmental Management. Ph.D in Urban & Regional Planning
FACULTY OF LAW: LLM & Ph.D in Law.
FACULTY OF PHARMACY
- Department of Pharmaceutical & Medicinal Chemistry: M.Sc. & Ph. D in Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry with specialization in: Synthesis and Characterization of Chemotherapeutic Agents Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics of Drugs and Effects on Drug Therapy, Chemistry of Natural Products.
- Department of Pharmacognosy and Natural Medicine: M.Sc. in Pharmacognosy and Natural Medicine with specialization in: Phytochemistry, Biological Evaluation of Natural Products, Cultivation and Propagation of Medicinal Plants, Tissue Culture Ph.D in Pharmacognosy
- Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology: M.Sc. & Ph.D in: Pharmacology
- Department of Pharmaceutical /Pharmaceutical Technology:
Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) in Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology
M.Sc in Pharmaceutics /Pharmaceutical Microbiology
Ph.D in Pharmaceutics /Pharmaceutical Technology
Ph.D in Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Biopharmacy
Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) in Clinical Pharmacy
Ph.D in Clinical Pharmacy.
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Department of Botany & Ecological Studies: M.Sc & Ph.D Botany with specialization in: Cytogenetics & Genetics, Plant Physiology/Phytochemistry, Plant Ecology, Plant Taxonomy/ Systematics, Plant Virology /Pathology, Plant Anatomy.
- Department of Chemistry: M.Sc & Ph.D in: Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry.
- Department of Computer Science: M.Sc. in Computer Science. Ph.D Curriculum in Computational Intelligence
- Department of Mathematics & Statistics: M.Sc. in Statistics. M.Sc. & Ph. D in: Mathematics
- Department of Microbiology: M.Sc. & Ph. D in: Environmental Microbiology, Industrial & Food Microbiology
- Department of Physics: M.Sc. & Ph.D in Physics with specialization in: Pure Physics: Atomic/ Nuclear Physics, High Energy /Particle Physics, Plasma Physics, Solid State /Condensed Matter Physics, Theoretical Computational Physics. Applied Physics: Electronics /Communications, Geophysics, Atmospheric Physics,
Radiation/Health Physics, Renewable Energy.
- Department of Animal and Environmental Biology: M.Sc & Ph.D in: Parasitology, Hydrobiology, Entomology.
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Department of Economics: Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Economics. M.Sc & Ph.D in Economics with specialization in: Development Economics, Monetary Economics, Public Finance, Environmental Economics, International Economics.
- Department of Geography & Natural Resources Management:
1. M.Sc. & Ph.D in Geography and Natural Resource Management with Specialization in: Geography & Environmental Management, Biogeography, Agricultural Geography, Climatology and Climate Change Studies, Rural Land use Planning, Urban Studies, Regional Development Planning, Environmental /Resource Management, Population Studies and Medical Geography, Economics Geography, Transport Planning and Management, Natural Disaster and Risk Management, Tourism Geography, Geographic Information System, Water Studies.
2. M.Sc. & Ph.D in Environment and Development
3. Master of Geographic Information System (MGIS).
- Department of Political Science and Public Administration: M.Sc. and Ph.D in: Public Administration, International Relations. Ph.D in Comparative Politics
- Department of Psychology: M.Sc. and Ph.D with options in: Clinical Psychology, Industrial /Organizational Psychology and Social Psychology.
- Department of Sociology /Anthropology: M.Sc. and Ph.D in: Sociology & Development, Criminology, Industrial Sociology, Medical Sociology, Rural and Community Development, Social /Cultural Anthropology, Demography.
i. All Full-time Master’s degree programmes last for a minimum period of four semesters and a maximum period of six semesters.
ii. All Full-time Doctoral Programmes last for a minimum period of six semesters and a maximum period of ten semesters.
iii (a) PGD in Education last for a minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters for all full time students.
(b) PGD in Engineering last for a minimum of four semesters and a maximum of six semesters for all full time students.
(c) PGD in Economics last for a minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters for all full time students.
A. To qualify for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programme, applicants should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other University recognized by the Senate of the University of Uyo, or persons who hold qualifications adjudged by the Senate of the University of Uyo to be equivalent to first degree or holders of recognized Higher National Diploma.
B. To qualify for admission into a Master’s degree programme, applicants should be graduates with not less than Second Class Honours degrees in the Lower Division with,
(a) CGPA of 2.75 on a five-point scale,
(b) CGPA of 2.2 points on a four-points scale and;
(c) Second Class lower division (irrespective of CGPA) for the Master’s degree programme in Architecture and programmes in the Faculty of Agriculture.
(d) Candidates for admission into M.Sc Medical Microbiology should be graduates of either of the following:
(i) Microbiology with 2.75 CGPA
(ii) Virology and a Postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology (PGDM)
(iii) MBBCh/MBBS or its equivalent.
C. Applicants for admission into Doctoral Degree programmes should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other University recognised by the Senate of the University of Uyo, who possess Master’s degrees with dissertation and course work average, which should not be less than 60% (B).
i. Applicants will be required to have credit pass at ‘O’ Level in five relevant subjects including English Language obtained at not more than two sittings.
Candidates with ‘O’ Level examination results before 2010 must possess their certificates and not statement of results or result slips.
ii. Applicants for LLM & Ph. D in Law must in addition to the above have credit passes in ‘O’ Level English Literature.
iii. All applicants will be subjected to Screening Tests as indicated. Please print out the date of screening test when you are completing your application form.
iv. NYSC Discharge or Exemption certificates must be submitted by all applicants.
v. Applicants who obtained their degrees through Remedial Programmes must show evidence of having remedied the relevant subjects for their programmes externally i.e. through WASCE, NECO, NABTEB.
vi. In addition to other qualifications, applicants are expected to meet the departmental requirements for their programmes.
Applicants must return their completed forms with a Thesis/Dissertation Proposal captured on the prescribed Postgraduate School proposal sheet. Such proposals should capture the following: Title,Aim/Objectives, Relevance of Study, Methodology, Expected Results among others.
Candidates should remember to request at the time of purchase of the forms that their relevant academic transcript and letters of reference be forwarded to: The Secretary, Postgraduate School, University of Uyo, P.M.B. 1017, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. Admissions will not normally be offered without transcripts and letters of reference.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Application Forms can be accessed ONLINE on payment of the sum of N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira) only: To make payment, generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) via http://eportals.uniuyo.edu.ng and make payment in any commercial bank nationwide. After payment return to the portal to complete your registration by clicking on Login form Link and enter your RRR.
Online Registration and Payment Instruction
1. Visit http://eportals,uniuyo.edu.ng or www.uniuyo.edu.ng (Click on e-portals link)
2. Select Admission Forms Link
3. Select e-Form(s) Option
4. Select Programme Type (Example; Masters(Full-Time) etc) as the Admission Form Type
5. Enter your Phone Number, Name and Email
6. Click the PAY NOW button to make payment
7. Payment can be made online or Bank branch via Remita Platform
8. After payment return to the online portal and click on Register Link
9. Note your login credentials generated
10. Login and complete your registration.
All completed Application Forms with photocopies of relevant credentials and duplicate copy of receipt of payment for the application form should reach the Office of the Secretary, Postgraduate School not later than six weeks from the date of this publication.
Applications received after the above deadline may not be considered.