UNIABUJA Postgraduate Admission Form Now Available for 2017/2018 Session.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into Postgraduate programmes of the University of Abuja for the 2017/2018 Academic Session.
1. COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Department of Community Medicine
1. Master of Public Health
a. MPH Comm Medicine
b. MPH Sexual & Repro Health
2. Master of Science (M.Sc.) Medical Biochemistry
3. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Medical Biochemistry.
2. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE
Department of Sociology
1. M.Sc. Medical Sociology.
3. FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
Department of Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine
1. PGD Food Hygiene
2. PGD Epidemiology
4. MVPH Veterinary Public Health
5. MVPH Veterinary Preventive Medicine
6. Ph.D Epidemiology
7. Ph.D Veterinary Public Health
8. Ph.D Veterinary Preventive Medicine.
Department of Veterinary Microbiology
1. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Veterinary Microbiology
2. M.Sc. & Ph.D Bacteriology
3. M.Sc. & Ph.D Immunology
4. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Virology.
Department of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
1. M.Sc Pharmacology
2. M.Sc Toxicology
3. Ph.D. Pharmacology
4. Ph.D. Toxicology.
Department of Parasitology and Entomology
1. PGD Veterinary Parasitology
2. M.Sc Vet. Helminthology Protozoology and Entomology.
3. Ph.D. Vet. Helminthology / Protozoology/ Entomology.
The University of Abuja offers programmes leading to the award of:
a. Postgraduate Diploma certificates in Education (PGDE), Business Administration (PGDBA), Public Administration (PGDPA), Political Science, Banking and (PGDBF), Diplomatic Studies, Statistics, Engineering, Food Hygiene, Veterinary Epidemiology, Crop Production, Agronomy, Agro Forestry, Agricultural Economics and Farm Management, Agric Business Management, Soil, Animal Science, Environmental Planning and Protection (PGDEPP), Postgraduate Diploma in Gender Studies.
b. Master of Arts (M.A), Master of Education (M.Ed), Master of Science (M.Sc), Master of Law (LL.M), Master of Public Administration (MPA), Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) and Master of Environmental Planning and Protection (MEPP), Master of Public Health, Master of Engineering, Master of Veterinary Public Health, Veterinary Preventive Medicine, Veterinary Microbiology, Bacteriology, Immunology, Virology and c. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in various areas of specialization in the listed Faculties and Departments in a and b above.
For information on:
• Available programmes
• Admission requirements
• Guide to admissions
• Duration of Programmes
• Closing date for application
• Submission of completed application forms, and
• Application procedure.
Please visit the University website at www.unibuja.com , click Postgraduate School to apply Online.
Please note the following:
• Mix-up in the application by applicants would attract extra charges
• Multiple applications are to be paid for and fill forms separately
• Error in completion and submission of forms during the process of application would lead to loss of application processing for the academic session (e.g selecting M. Phil. Instead of M.Sc or Ph.D)
• A Candidate who is not admitted into the programme applied for cannot transfer the application for consideration into another programme
• Statement of result of four (4) years and above will not be accepted for admission (candidate should therefore obtain certificate from the relevant examination bodies). NOTE that Application fees are non-refundable.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
i. A candidate for Postgraduate studies in the University of Abuja must have obtained at least five (5) credits including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings in WASC, NECO. GCE (Ordinary Level) or their equivalent.
ii. Candidates applying for the M.A, M.Ed. M.Eng., MVPH, MVPM and M.Sc. degrees in any field must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree with at least second class lower division in the relevant discipline.
iii. A candidate for Ph.D in any programme of the University of Abuja must have obtained a minimum weighted average score of 60% (4 points) letter grade ‘B’ average performance in the Master’s degree.
iv. A candidate applying for the Ph.D with a Master’s degree from any other University, who in his/her Master’s study had not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalent, similar to the courses in the University of Abuja shall, on admission, be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60% (4 points) or a letter grade ‘B’.
v. Candidates seeking for admission into any of the Postgraduate Diploma Programmes must possess a University degree with minimum grade of third class or HND with a minimum grade of lower credit.
vi. MBBS, BDS is required of MPH Community Medicine while health related degree is required for MPH Sexual and Reporductive Health.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Application forms can be obtained online via
- Click Postgraduate School, print procedure to access sales of forms from the Portal, generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR), make payment online (Form fee N20,500) and print Receipt.
- Fill form online, save and submit, Print Summary of the Form, Acknowledgement Slip, Referee Forms or request your Referee to fill the Referee Form Online.
The application portal will be opened for a period of Six (6) weeks from the date of this advert. Applicants are advised to fill in and Application forms within this period (22nd May – 2nd July 2017).