Young Africans fired up by African Development Bank agribusiness mentoring partnership with Purdue University For Miriam Ahuna Ofoeze, nothing now stands between her and her cherished goal of becoming a successful agribusiness entrepreneur. Thanks to an innovative training programme sponsored by the African Development Bank at Purdue University, Indianapolis, the young Nigerian is even convinced […]
Health & Safety
Safety is a top priority for the Group and for Lafarge Nigeria. A stringent safety policy is in place to promote a culture of safety that establishes Lafarge Ngeria as one of the world’s leading companies in this domain. We also participate in health programs that benefit its employees as well as our local communities.
Safety: The top priority
Lafarge is the safest company in its sector. Since 2002, the Group has achieved a significant reduction in both the frequency and the gravity of work-related accidents. These improvements are due in part to the Group’s Health and Safety management system, which defines the minimum safety levels required for all Lafarge sites.
A great deal remains to be done to become one of the safest industrial groups in the world. For this reason, employee safety is the Group’s number one priority.
To reach its target of zero fatal accidents and keep lost time injuries to a minimum, Lafarge:
- informs employees and subcontractors of work-related risks and provides appropriate training
- supervises the systematic application of safety rules
- implements incident reporting procedures and regular audits
- identifies and communicates best practices and drives their adoption across all work sites
Improving work safety for everyone
Lafarge Nigeria has targeted a significant reduction in its lost-time injury rate. To achieve our target of zero fatal accidents and keep fatalities down to a minimum, Lafarge Nigeria.
- informs employees and subcontractors of work-related risks and provides appropriate training,
- supervises the systematic application of safety rules,
- implements incident reporting procedures and regular audits,
- identifies and communicates best practices and drives their adoption across all work sites.
Supporting employee health
The health of Lafarge Nigeria’s employees is important to our success. A comprehensive group-wide occupational health program has been introduced that includes regular medical examinations.
- Sustainable construction (This content will be linked to “Sustainable Construction Page”)
- Fighting climate change
- Protecting biodiversity
- Alternative fuels
- Alternative materials