Roles of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
The roles of the NDDC are to:
- Formulate policies and guidelines for the development of the Niger- Delta area.
- Conceive, plan and implement, in accordance with set rules and regulations, projects and programmes for the sustainable development of the Niger-Delta area in the field of transportation.
Prepare master plans and schemes designed to promote the physical development of the Niger-Delta area and the estimates of the costs of implementing such master plans and schemes;
- Implement all the measures approved for the development of the Niger- Delta area by the FGN and the member States of the Commission.
- Identify factors inhibiting the development of the Niger-Delta area and assist the member States in the formulation and implementation of policies to ensure sound and efficient management of the resources of the Niger-Delta area.
- Tackle ecological and environmental problems that arise from the exploration of oil mineral in the Niger-Delta area and advise the FGN and the member States on the prevention and control of oil spillages gas flaring and environmental pollution.