OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: MONDAY 31ST JULY, 2017
THEME: PROVISION BEFORE NEED!
“According as His Divine Power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 2 Peter 1:3
Read: 2 Peter 1:1-4
1:1. Simon Peter, A Servant and An Apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
1:2. Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through The Knowledge of God, and of Jesus Our Lord,
1:3. According as His Divine Power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto Life and Godliness, through The Knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
1:4. Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
A. “God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.” Psalm 46:5
1. From the above passage of Scripture, one great benefit available to those who have God as their Refuge is that the help or assistance they need will never be late.
2. There are at least three different times an individual can receive assistance.
3. It could be before, during or after one experience a need.
4. If a need or an emergency arises today and you already have the wherewithal to meet that need, maybe from your earnings from paid employment or a business venture, you have already received help before that need arose. This is a great place to be in!
5. Some families already have all they will ever need to take care of their children and pay their way up to post-graduate degree programme, even before this need arises.
6. Such people will never panic for school fees.
7. This is an example of provision before need, and it describes a state of living in abundance. You will experience such in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
B. Moreover, do you know that God follows this same pattern in dealing with His Children?
1. For example, before God created Adam and Eve, all they would ever need had been provided for in the Garden of Eden which God Himself planted.
2. God knows exactly what you need even before you express or voice out your request.
3. Matthew 6:32. Says”For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.”
4. Do you know that God has already provided all you would ever need to live A Victorious Christian Life and to fulfill your God-given destiny?
5. The Holy Spirit speaks about this to us in 2 Peter 1:3 where He says; “According as His Divine Power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto Life and Godliness, through The knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue:”
C. It is therefore possible for you to be a beneficiary of provision before need.
1. However, one major challenge for most people with regards to this benefit is that when there is provision to meet their future needs, they become careless, frivolous and wasteful.
2. When God provides ahead of time, it is possible to spend it on other things outside God’s purpose.
3. You therefore need Divine guidance even in plenty.
4. Having abundance does not justify wastefulness in God’s Kingdom.
5. However, to partake of this great benefit, You need to increase your knowledge of The Provider,
6. You need to walk in obedience to Him,
7. You need to follow spiritual and financial principles
8. And You need to wait on His Directives always.
What some people waste daily is more than enough to feed several needy, hungry people. To trigger blessings from The Lord, such excess should be spent on meeting the needs of others.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 9-10; Ezekiel 18: 1-18
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Saviour above.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honour Thy Word.
4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.