JAMB Withheld Result 2017: Over 80,000 UTME Results Seized
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has withheld the results of over 80,000 candidates who sat for the recently concluded 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME.
According to the Registrar of JAMB, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, who disclosed this on Wednesday in Abuja, the results were withheld for various reasons cases of exam malpractices.
He also said there were about 3, 811 candidates who registered late for the examination with findings revealing that more than half of then had earlier registered.
Oloyede noted that the results were released within the 24 hours of each examination in compliance with their promise to deliver the results in a timely manner.
He said: “So far, we have released 1,606,901 results leaving us with a balance of 80,889 and out of which we have deliberately withheld 76,123 because of examination malpractices.
“Let me say that we released the results within 24 hours but if it is left for me I would have withheld the result until we clear all outstanding issues.”
“However, I want to announce to you ahead of time that if I am in charge by next year, I will not release the results immediately until all the issues are resolved,” he stressed.
Speaking further, the JAMB boss said they would ensure that all candidates whose results were withheld after verification are released before the next academic session.
Oloyede lamented the widespread examination malpractices across the country aided by parents, teachers and Computer Based Aptitude Test (CBT) centres.