Fund transfer has been made easier with the introduction of Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) short codes, banking apps and other virtual payment channels available 24/7. These make sending money and airtime from one phone to another as easy as abc. USSD codes used by banks vary. Here are some of the short codes and how it works:
First bank USSD code *894#
• For the first transaction, you would be required to enter your 4-digit ATM card pin then create a 5-digit code that will be used to complete transfers.
• To transfer with First bank, dial *894*amount*Account number# and select destination bank to send money.
• The account name you’re transferring money to will be displayed for verification purpose.
Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) USSD *737#
For GTB subscribers, just dial *737#, you would be provided with options of services you can get from airtime transfer, data offers, fund transfer to GTB or other banks, check account balance or change/create password.
Wema Bank USSD Money Transfer Code
• To do a quick funds transfer, dial *322*035*NUBAN*Amount#
• You can only use the Wema Quick Recharge Code on the phone number registered with the bank account.
• Wema Bank also has a new USSD code 945# . It allows you make transfer, buy airtime, pay bills etc. Simply dial 945# to get started.
Fidelity Bank USSD Money Transfer Code *770#
• If you haven’t used the service before, you will be need to start by dialing *770#. You will be prompted to enter your NUBAN (Fidelity bank account number), select a 4-digit PIN for your account.
• Simply dial this *770*NUBAN Account number*Amount#;
• For example, if you want to transfer N4000 to someone’s first bank account, dial *770*1234567890*4000#
• Then select the beneficiary bank name from the list provided.
Input your transfer PIN to confirm transfer. The account number of the receiver will be shown to you before you enter your PIN. This allows you verify that you’re not sending money to a wrong account.
Diamond Bank USSD Money Transfer Code *710#
• For Diamond Bank Y’ello account holders, to make a fund Transfer to any bank Dial *710*777*Account Number*Amount*Pin#.
Ecobank USSD Money Transfer Code *326#
• With *326# Ecobank gives you the ease of making all your banking transactions from your mobile phone. You can make instant transfers, buy airtime, check balances, pay bills, and read mini-statements.
Zenith Bank USSD Money Transfer Code *966#
• Zenith Bank’s *966# Mobile Banking allows you to open an account, check balance, load airtime or transfer money to another account.
• To open a bank account dial *966*0# and follow the onscreen prompts. To check for balances on any of your accounts, all you need to do is simply dial; *966*00# To load airtime simply dial *966*Amount*Mobile Number# on your phone
• To transfer money to another account
Dial 966*Amount*Account Number# (e.g. 966*1000*1234567890#) from the phone number you registered with Zenith Bank, then follow the on-screen prompts.
First City Monument Bank (FCMB) USSD Money Transfer Code *389# • To use FCMB mobile banking service Dial *389*214# A welcome message is displayed with the following options: 1.Activate with card 2.Activate with Account 3.Activate with Mwallet Choose option 2 by typing 2 and send Enter your account number
Call Contact Centre on 01-2798800 or visit any FCMB branch to generate your PIN. Once you get your pin, dial *389*214# on the phone and click on security, select ‘Change PIN’ to enter your default PIN and enter your new four digits PIN when prompted. • Dial *389*214# for subsequent access to FCMB Mobile service
Unity Bank USSD Money Transfer Code
• Unity Bank USSD mobile banking gives you secure and fast way to transfer funds to Unity bank accounts and to other bank accounts. • Simply dial *389*215# to get started
United Bank for Africa (UBA) USSD Money Transfer Code
United Bank for Africa (UBA) USSD mobile banking gives you secure and fast way to recharge airtime, submit/update BVN Number and transfer funds to UBA bank accounts and to other bank accounts. • Simply dial *919# from your registered phone number to get started.
Skye Bank USSD Money Transfer Code
Skye Bank USSD mobile banking gives you secure and fast way to transfer funds to Skye bank accounts and to other bank accounts. Skye Bank USSD mobile banking allows you to make bill payments, check account balance, transfer funds etc hassle-free and conveniently. To use the service, simply dial *833# to get started.
Sterling Bank USSD Money Transfer Code
Sterling Bank USSD provides a smarter way of banking using *822#: • To get started, just dial *822# on the phone number linked to your sterling bank account and follow the prompts accordingly.
• Note that N5 will be deducted from your airtime balance everytime you dial the sterling bank ussd code on your phone. • A pin will also be required to complete transactions via the ussd code. You will get the pin when you register for the Sterling bank *822# service.
Heritage Bank USSD Money Transfer Code
•All you need is the mobile number you have registered with your Heritage Bank account. You can recharge your line, recharge another person’s line, transfer funds or pay bills by just sending the required code.
• Self-recharge – *322*030*AMOUNT# Third Party Recharge – *322*030*PHONENUMBER*AMOUNT# Transfer Money – *322*030*ACCOUNTNUMBER*AMOUNT# Bill Payment – 322*030*BILLER ID AMOUNT#, for example, to pay for LCC Dial *322*030*1066*AMOUNT#
KeyStone Bank USSD Money Transfer Codes
You can use the USSD mode with all phone types by dialing 322*082# (MTN, AIRTEL & ETISALAT) or 805*082# (GLO only) and follow the steps below to opt-in (register):
1. Select the Keystone Bank
2. Enter NUBAN account number
3. Enter any 4 digit number you can remember as the m-Pin
4. Confirm m-Pin
Union Bank USSD Money Transfer Codes
For now, Union Bank has just one feature enabled in its SMS banking; which is the “Check your balance”. According to Union Bank, other features like transfer funds, view transaction history, etc will be introduced soon. You can check your account balance by texting Bal to 20123 from the phone number registered to your bank account.