All About Lafarge ReadyMix Nigeria
Lafarge ReadyMix Nigeria has a clear strategy as a project enabler, driving quality and innovation forward and promoting a sustainable environment for generations to come. We achieve this by working closely with our valued customers and partners.
As a member of the Lafarge Group, we have a unique opportunity to draw on the expertise of our employees worldwide to bring innovative value to our Nigerian customers.
Portfolio of Products
Lafarge is one of the few full-service concrete producers capable of manufacturing an extremely wide range of concrete. Our technical expertise, state-of-the-art plants, and commitment to innovation enable us to make a concrete that can assist our customers with all their construction needs. Our portfolio includes products ranging from standard concrete used in everyday driveways and sidewalks to customized mixes used in complex high-rises that must meet strict design specifications to our proprietary technology, Chronolia, which lets users strip a wall from just a few hours after the concrete arrives on the jobsite.
Commitment to Quality
We take pride in producing and safely delivering quality concrete that meets the specifications ordered. We employ trained technicians who constantly monitor our production and evaluate our ability to produce quality concrete. Our quality culture encompasses on-site quality control personnel, laboratory technicians who stay behind the scenes testing and improving the performance of our mixes, and trained plant managers and batchers who watch each load to ensure that the right concrete leaves our plant.
Why ReadyMix Concrete
There are clear advantages to using Readymix concrete
- As a normal part of our day-to-day business, Lafarge Readymix is experienced in dealing with:
- A wide variety of plant and process technology
- A wide range and combination of binders, aggregates and admixtures
- Varying mix requirements in the fresh and hardened states
- A proliferation of specifications
- Predetermined delivery times
- Environmental restrains
Advantages of Readymix Concrete
The advantages of using Lafarge Readymix concrete include:
- Resources and technical expertise to provide a wide range of mixes
- Meeting changes to the construction programme more easily than site batching
- Space is made available on site
- Concrete can be discharged at several locations from the same delivery
- High rates of delivery are possible
- Lafarge Readymix takes responsibility for raw material and process control testing during the production in accordance with both Nigerian and International standards
Disadvantages of Site Batching
Although site batching is perceived as a cheaper option than ordering Readymix concrete, the following factors should be considered as part of the cost of site batching:
- Wastage and theft of materials
- Handling and storage of materials
- Plant hire/depreciation
- Plant establishment and removal
- Plant operation
- Technical requirements
- Site transport equipment available to other trades at all times, rather than tied up transporting concrete on site