Fela Durotoye Loves Nigeria. He believes in a New Nigeria. And his undying passion for Nigeria has over the years earned him the pet name Mr. Nigeria.
Sometimes, it falls upon a generation to be great. You can be that great generation. Let your greatness blossom
– Nelson Mandela –
Fela believes that our generation has been chosen for greatness. A great generation delivers a better nation to his children than the one that it inherited from its parents.
According to Fela Durotoye, “No generation would be judged by what it inherited from its parents, but every generation will be held to account for the nation it bequeaths to the next generation. Regardless of what state Nigeria is in today, providence calls upon our generation to build a New Nigeria that we would be proud to deliver to our children and they would be grateful to inherit from us.”
Nations are like houses, and just as houses are built by plumbers, carpenters, mason, painters etc., nations also must be built by Nation Builders who do four things that can be summarized as ABCD…Accept, Believe, Commit, and Deliver.
- Accept responsibility: For too long, we have abdicated the responsibility of nation building to others in government, foreign donors and investors, and even the United Nations. We have passed on the duty of making Nigeria great to the hands of a few people who have shown to us over and over again that their interests lie in their own progress and not that of the nation or its people. It is therefore time to change that method. Albert Einstein once said that it is foolishness to do the same things the same way and expect a different result. If things must change, then we must be the ones to change it. The New Nigeria must be built by us. We must no longer neglect the responsibility of building our nation. Indeed, we must accept the responsibility to build the walls of our beloved Nigeria again.
- Believe in its Potential & Possibilities: For the rest of the world, seeing is believing, but for us believers, we believe with our hearts and then we see with our eyes. We must believe in the potential greatness of our nation and our generation’s capacity to birth that greatness.
- Commit to making it happen: We must be ready to commit our time, energy, resources and God-given talents to the manifestation of God’s will for Nigeria. Commitment always requires sacrifice. Therefore we must be willing to give all that it takes to the birth of this new Nigeria. Beyond this, we must be willing to commit our hearts to a set of VALUES that will guide our thoughts, decisions, words and actions. We must commit to live a lifestyle of leadership and excellence and to do all within our power to transform Nigeria into the most desirable nation to live in.
- Deliver the future: The future is not a time zone yet to come. The future is not a date on the calendar yet to be revealed. The future is everything we can be as a people but have not yet become. The future is everything we can do but have not yet done. The future is everything we can have but have not yet possessed. The future of Nigeria is not in 2025. The future of Nigeria is in us and we must deliver the future of our great Nigeria by Wednesday December 31st, 2025.
Fela’s purpose is to raise a generation of Nation Builders who would be committed to building Nigeria into a most desirable Nation to live in.
Through the platform of his Leadership Network, Fela mentors tens of thousands of aspiring, emerging, renowned leaders in business, politics, religion & education.
Leaders on the Fela Durotoye Leadership Network (FDLN) are committed to the New Nigeria Vision 2025 & to a personal creed of the ten (10) lifestyle statements namely:
- MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT on everyone we meet and everywhere we go.
- BE A SOLUTION PROVIDER and not a part of the problem to be solved.
- BE A ROLE MODEL worthy of emulation.
- BE OUR BEST IN ALL WE DO, particularly the things we are naturally good at.
- DO THE RIGHT THING AT ALL TIMES regardless of who is doing the wrong thing.
- VALUE TIME and make the best use of it.
- CARE AND SHOW RESPECT to all through our words and actions.
- CONSCIOUSLY BUILD A GREAT LEGACY starting now, today and everyday.
- LIVE A LIFE OF INTEGRITY AND HONOUR.
- MAKE YOUR FAMILY, YOUR NATION AND YOUR GOD PROUD.