10 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2022
In a country where every year hundreds and thousands of students graduate from secondary schools and tertiary institutions, the competition for Federal Government Scholarships has become unmanageable.
At this time of the year, as a student, you would be overwhelmed with the many scholarship opportunities you are presented with. The amount of scholarship opportunities is simply too much now to consider.
Whether you know it or not, there are actually a lot of scholarships out there for Nigerian students. It is hard to go through all the different websites just looking for them. That’s why I have decided to put together this list of 10 Scholarships for Nigerian Students in 2022
1. Agbami Medical & Engineering Professionals Scholarship Scheme 2022
The Agbami Medical & Engineering Professionals Scholarship Scheme is a program for Nigerian students who are in their second year of study. The scholarship is for the fields of engineering and medicine, and it’s available to students with good grades (at least C+).
2. Federal Government Scholarship Awards 2022
- Application process: The Federal Government Scholarship Awards program is open to Nigerian students who are interested in studying abroad. Interested applicants should visit the Federal Ministry of Education website and submit their application form along with other requirements.
- Application deadline: The last date to apply for this scholarship is December 30th, 2022.
- Application requirements: You must be a Nigerian citizen, you must be between the ages of 17-30 years old and you must have maintained good grades in your previous academic years.
- Scholarship amount: The Federal Government Scholarship awards program provides a monthly stipend of NGN20,000 for each student that receives this award during their studies abroad.
- Scholarship duration: If you are awarded this scholarship then it will last for 3 years at most (by law). This means that if you receive it at age 17 then when it expires at age 20 you’ll have spent 4 years on coursework or research-related activities which can lead to employment opportunities after graduation from university-level institutions such as Oxford University or Harvard Business School etcetera…
3. MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2022
MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme is a scholarship scheme for Nigerian students who are enrolled in undergraduate programmes in Nigeria. The scheme was established to ensure that talented and hardworking students are provided with the opportunity to pursue their academic goals without having to worry about funding as well as other financial challenges.
The MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme will award up to 500 full grants per year across all universities in Nigeria, which means that there’s a good chance of getting one if you apply. You can apply from any university in Nigeria and your chosen field of study doesn’t matter because this scholarship is awarded regardless of subject choice!
4. Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)/Chevron 2021/2022 JV Undergraduate Scholarship Awards
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and Chevron are two of the largest oil companies in Nigeria, and they are now offering undergraduate scholarship awards for Nigerian students.
The Chevron 2021/2022 JV Undergraduate Scholarship Awards offer up to $10,000 per year for up to two years of study at a U.S. college or university of your choice. The scholarship is open to any student pursuing an engineering degree at an accredited school within Nigeria.
To apply for this scholarship, you must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on your last 60 hours of coursework from a Nigerian university before being considered eligible for this award program.
5. Nigerian LNG Limited (NLNG) Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2021/2022
NLNG is a Nigerian company, jointly owned by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and Shell. It is the operator of the Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) project which was established in Bonny Island, Rivers State in Nigeria. NLNG has been the leading gas producer since the inception of its operation and is currently Nigeria’s largest gas company.
The NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme offers financial assistance to students who wish to pursue postgraduate studies at any accredited university within or outside Nigeria. The scheme covers tuition fees, hostel accommodation and meal allowance for up to three years for successful applicants.
6. PwC Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarship 2022/2023 For Nigerians
If you want to pursue a career in accounting, auditing, taxation & assurance services after your undergraduate degree or master’s degree programme then this scholarship is for you. It is open to all Nigerian citizens who are interested in pursuing the academic field of accounting and finance. The firm will offer training at the Lagos office with the following benefits:
- Free training for a period of 3 years
- Financial support of N1 million (One Million Naira) per year upon successful completion of training
7. NNPC/Agip National Scholarship
The NNPC/Agip National Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship that is awarded to students who are applying for undergraduate courses in universities and colleges in Nigeria. The scholarship is awarded annually, and the chosen candidates are given tuition fee waivers, accommodation allowances, etc.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be a Nigerian citizen with at least five (5) credits from GCE O’Level or NECO/NECO-equivalent examinations. You should also have scored an aggregate of at least C+ in four (4) subjects including English Language and Mathematics. Additionally, you should have an admission letter from a tertiary institution of choice which shows that you have been accepted into either:
- A Degree Program (BA/BSc)
- Diploma Programs
- Certificate Programs
8. ABC TRANSPORT COMPANY SCHOLARSHIP
ABC Transport Company is a leading transport company in Nigeria. They are looking for outstanding students who are eager to learn and develop their skills in the transportation industry. The scholarship will be awarded to a Nigerian student pursuing studies at the undergraduate level. The scholarship has a total value of $5,000 USD which will be given in two instalments (1st semester and 2nd semester). Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must have obtained admission into an accredited university in Nigeria
- Must have completed secondary school education or equivalent
- Should not be more than 25 years old on the date they submit their application
Candidates should kindly submit their applications online via this link: https://www.abctransportcompany.com/scholarship/submit-application/
9. United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Secondary School Support Program (SSSP) 2021 for students in Nigeria
This is a competitive scholarship program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) that provides funding for secondary school students in Nigeria.
The objective of this program is to contribute toward improving Nigerian students’ academic performance, college entrance and completion rates. The program seeks to achieve this through:
- Supporting advanced secondary education among 10,000 Nigerians annually;
- Providing access to quality educational opportunities;
- Creating sustainable models for improving student outcomes;
10. David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
The David Oyedepo Foundation, founded by the founder and chancellor of Covenant University, Bishop Dr David Oyedepo, has been offering scholarships to students since 2009.
The scholarship scheme covers tuition fees for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in any field of study at Covenant University or Landmark University. The scholarship is available to bright but indigent students from Nigeria and other African countries who would not otherwise be able to afford a university education.
The recipients of this scholarship will be selected based on their academic record, leadership capabilities, extra-curricular activities and community involvement.
Scholarships are a great way to meet your academic goals. With the right scholarship, you can get funding for your tuition, accommodation and other expenses. You can also gain access to job opportunities after your studies or get additional mentoring from professionals in your field of study. These scholarships are meant for Nigerian students who hope to study in Nigeria and abroad. We wish you the best of luck as you apply!